Monday, May 09, 2016

Where I'm at...



My blog hiatus is officially over -  like I was ever a regular blogger. "I'm going to do my very best to change that now." I say as the running monologue in my head says, "Ha! Don't fool yourself, Mr. Bachman." Anyway, back to the point. 


Moving to Austin last August has had its fair share of "What the fuck have I done?" moments. Freelancing is fucking hard work: trying to keep money rolling in and clients happy, meeting new clients along the way. If you are so inclined, researching, planning and working on projects while doing all that other stuff... gets hard. I constantly struggle with balance. I'm sure everyone reading this already knows that because half of us are in the freelance market. Moving on...

In January, when the chance to get some steady part time photo work popped up, I jumped at it. Three days a week I now drive north of Austin to Killeen,TX as a part time staffer for the Killeen Daily Herald. I worked for KDH's sister paper for two years in Temple, TX. 

All this to say this is a blog of recent work mix of news/features/sports (freelance and KDH assignments). 


P.s. If I do get regular on this blogging again, I promise my posts will be more coherent. Give me a break it's Monday. 
















And because everyone knows I snap too many frames of my dogs...

  








No comments: